Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Uggg

Sooo... I'm on the couch with my foot elevated for the 2nd day and thought I would blog about it...

Lets go back and start on Sunday around 3 o clock.... OUCH... CRAP CRAP CRAP. A nail through my slipper, sock and about 1/2 inch into my foot. Our garage looks great! (will blog about it being complete soon!) We were tearing down some old shelves and ripping out some odd and nasty drywall. A large and old nail poking through some wood was standing up waiting for me to step on it.

We made a trip to our normal Med "Quickie" Stop Monday morning for a much needed tetanus shot. I couldn't really walk on my foot and it was swollen with a bruise crawling up the side.

I got....
3 shots... a tetnus, antibiotic and one very painful one into my foot to numb it so he could dig in and clean it. (oh and flu shot might as well while I was there)

4 prescriptions... antibiotic, anti swelling, ointment and a pain medicine

and instructions to keep off it and keep it up in order to stay out of the hospital and away from surgery.

I'm stir crazy and annoyed with myself but what is one to do?!?!?

***********************************************************************************

Some information that Mr. Doctor man told me that I thought was quite interesting...

It's worse to be wearing tennis shoes when a nail punctures the shoe and your foot. Something about the nail pushing toxins from the shoes sole into your foot and it getting trapped and making it worse.

Even though my dad still would have been mad that I did not have appropriate foot wear on to be out working in the garage I may have saved myself more pain and suffering.

2 comments:

Lee, Michelle, Cooper 4 and Allie 3 said...

I'm so sorry you are laid up a week before christmas! Ugggg - and not the good Ug - boots that is. Yes, I can hear Daddy saying, "Now what kind of footwear were you wearing?" and rolling his eyes in unbelief and "didn't I raise you to know better than this!" Don't beat yourself up about being stupid. You are wonderful :}

Amber said...

Oh Heidi, just reading this makes my foot hurt! Rest up and take care of yourself. Merry Christmas!!