Wednesday, January 14, 2009

To Texas...

Last weekend we went to Texas to visit...

ASHLEY---
She is a way cool girl who is just like me. I would bet she is the coolest girl in all of Texas. We also got to see a lot of...

JOSH---
Her very cool boy toy of a boyfriend. Josh and Shaw are too much alike it's a little crazy.

We had a very fun trip but did a bad job remembering to take pictures... We went to IKEA!!! We had sushi and too much to drink one night. We had a morning of taking it easy because of the too much to drink night. Josh made breakfast and the greasy bacon and coffee was the cure. We went through a crazy maze and walked around old town Fort Worth I think it was. Something about steam engines and old times and cattle. Um... don't really remember... We had some AWESOME Mexican food which we had been craving for a long time. After some down time we rebooted and went out for a few drinks at a very cool bar. We destroyed Ashleys apartment and I'm sure her bathroom has never been so used. And some of my favorite time... chilling and chatting at home with my fun friend Ashley.

Ashley is my friend who lived here and then moved away. We have been friends longer apart than we have when we lived near each other. She evacuated with my sister while Shaw and I stayed for Katrina... Ashley if only you would have stayed... we would have had so much fun having a hurricane party together!!! Haha that seems like forever ago.

The drive there wasn't too bad. We had the excitement of Ashley to look forward to. (and she is very exciting) The ride home was tougher and seemed longer. I guess the dogs arn't as exciting as Ashley although we were happy to see them and they even more happy to see us. We had major car butt. Our Mazda 3 ran great and we had many "terrain change". I knitted a scarf and 2 hats and we did a large number of crossword puzzles and word searches.

We decided... we are not driving next time. And we are glad that it's Ashley and Josh's turn next!
=)(=

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I'm SOOOOO excited!! We're gonna have TONS of fun! See Heidi, I stalk you. :)

Lee, Michelle, Cooper 4 and Allie 3 said...

Have a great time. Eat some tasty mexican food for me! Shaw - don't get too bored in the car 8 hours can go by quickly - just be creative!!!

ashley said...

i couldn't have said it better myself. all in all...the BEST TRIP EVER!! haha! I miss you guys so much! It was such an awesome weekend!